The City of Plaquemine Public Works Department is responsible for maintenance of the City's public buildings and grounds, sidewalks and roadways, public rights-of-way, and drainage.
The department handles a wide variety of city maintenance issues, including, but not limited to:
- All city street and sidewalk repairs
- Drainage problems
- Litter abatement
- Pavement striping on City streets
- Right-of-way mowing and grass cutting
- Seasonal decorations and community events preparation and assistance
- Storm debris clean-up on public property
- Street signage
- Street sweeping
- Traffic accident oil and debris clean up
- Utility infrastructure improvements
City-Owned Buildings Include
- Bayou Plaquemine Waterfront Park
- City Fire Station and substations
- City of Plaquemine Activity Center (COPAC)
- City Police Station
- City Utilities / Inspector Building
- City Warehouse
- Iberville Museum
- Plaquemine City Park (operated and maintained by Iberville Parish Parks and Recreation)
- LEAD Task Force office
- Louisiana Motor Vehicle Building
- Plaquemine City Hall
- Plaquemine Depot Market
- Utilities Plants and Lines: Electric, Natural Gas, Sewer and Water Plants
If an emergency occurs after working hours, call 225-687-4796. Department employees are on call 24 hours a day for emergencies.
Garbage Pick Up
For garbage pick up information, contact Solid Waste Solutions 225-320-1300.
- Blind corners or intersections
- Damaged sidewalks or street curbs
- Driveway installation
- Improperly flowing storm water ditches
- Missing or damaged traffic signs
- Potholes in streets
- Street closures
- Street sweeping - the City Street Sweeper runs along a scheduled route each week
- Other city issues
Call the Plaquemine Department of Public Works at 225-687-2033.
Staff & Equipment
The department includes a staff of 17 people. They operate numerous pieces of equipment, including:
- Street sweepers and rollers
- Bush hogs and lawnmowers
Street lights are owned and maintained by the City of Plaquemine. To report a non-working street light, call 225-687-2461 during business hours. Most street light poles are now numbered, so please provide the light pole number and street name and a description of the problem.
Light not on at night or light pole is leaning or damaged.