The Iberville Museum, located in the Plaquemine Historic District across from the Plaquemine Lock Historic Site, offers varied displays of historic artifacts and several special exhibits annually.
The Greek Revival building was completed in 1848. The building was built as the first Iberville Parish Courthouse of 1848 until 1906. It was used as Plaquemine City Hall from 1906 until 1985, and was later restored for its present use.
Today, the Museum houses artifacts of life in Iberville Parish from the early 1900s, and an impressive Atchafalaya exhibit. It also has an extensive display from World War II and the Korean War. The Museum offers varied programs and activities throughout the year.
Location & Oversight
The Iberville Museum is located in the Plaquemine Historic District. The public site is overseen by the Plaquemine Main Street Program.